Step 7 of 9 in getting ready to return to work:
Prepare for your first day, first week, first month back at work
Expect to be tired. Everyone who is off work for some time loses stamina.
- Go in ahead of time and orient yourself.
- Reacquaint yourself with colleagues ahead of time.
- Reduce your non-work demands during the first weeks and months.
- Prepare food ahead of time, clean your house, manage expectations, re-allocate tasks, reduce social obligations on workdays, and ask for help from friends and family members.
- Be realistic about your expectations for yourself and discuss this with your family and friends. Identify which home duties need more or less attention or time.