Now that you and your healthcare team feel that you are ready to return to work, you and your employer are ready to write a return to work plan. The following questions can help guide this process.
- What is the anticipated start date for returning to work?
- Is the employee returning gradually?
- What is the projected end date of the return to work plan?
- What weeks does this plan cover?
- What days of the week will the employee work?
- How many hours a day will the employee work?
- What essential tasks and duties will the employee resume during this return to work plan?
- What is the proposed schedule for resuming job tasks?
Restrictions and accommodations:
- Are there any medical restrictions and limitations that the worker and employer need to adhere to?
- Are the restrictions temporary or permanent?
- If temporary, how long are the restrictions expected to last?
- Are any work accommodations needed?
- If so, what are the accommodations?
- Why is each accommodation necessary?
- How and who will monitor the employee’s progress during the return to work process?
- How will changes to the return to work plan be made if needed or required?