Study Title: Addressing Cancer Worry and Fear of Cancer Recurrence among women with breast or ovarian cancer. A Quality of Life study funded by the Canadian Cancer Society.
Purpose: The purpose of the study is to evaluate how best we can help women manage their fear of cancer recurrence and cancer worries from their participation in a group support.
Who is Eligible?
- Women with a diagnosis of breast or gynecological cancer and who have completed treatment or who are close to completing treatment
- Fluency in English
- 18 years or older
- Available to attend in person 6 weekly sessions. Groups to start week of May 8th on the Monday (breast cancer) and Thursday (gynecological cancer)
Recruitment for the January 11th 2018 group:
- We are currently recruiting participants to participate in the next free support group for fear of cancer recurrence and cancer anxiety to be held at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario
- Transportation and parking are covered
- 6 weeks of no-cost group therapy led by professionals to help you deal with cancer worry and fear of cancer recurrence
- Thursdays from 6-8pm
Individuals who participate in this study, will be asked to complete a brief set of questionnaires about their worries from having had cancer. Some may receive a brief follow-up telephone interview. The questionnaires will be repeated three times and will take less than 30 minutes to complete.
If you are interested in learning more about this study, please contact the study coordinator, Lorena Baku at 416-581-8631, or the Principal Investigator, Dr. Christine Maheu at 514-616-5954, email@example.com. We are currently recruiting participants in Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa.